Thursday 17 January 2013

A little good, a little bad.

Hello everyone who may or may not read this. I was very pleased ( and surprised) that i got any page views for my last post, so thanks for reading to those of you that did.  I hope you have all had an interesting day, mine has been nice in a way and deeply frustrating in another.
    Firstly the frustration. Have you ever had one of those days where you continuously injure yourself? .... well i have about three a week, I'm the most accident prone person around, probably because i never really pay any attention to anything in doing but still... it makes me angry and sad. I had been in work for probably half an hour, forty Min's at the most and was trying to free a trapped spatula from the deep fat fryer (yes, i know that's a stupid thing to even attempt while the fryers hot)  so i managed to free the trapped serving tool and instead of a moment of triumph as payment for my valiant efforts i was rewarded with a wave of hot oil. Obviously i rushed to cool my arm under the cold tap, forgetting that at my place of work nothing is ever that simple, the cold water was soothing at first but quickly gave way to hot water, not so soothing.  I managed to get some burn wrap and after an hour or two of stinging/burny pain all was well. except my arm looks horrid. Team this with countless knocks from tables, catching my arm on all sorts of surfaces and a scratch from a strange cat i was annoyed.
    On to the niceness. I returned home to find that amazon had left me a gift. I LOVE presents, i truly am an over grown child i know but i really really like getting gifts, especially today as my best beast (aka Dave my boyfriend) had sent me an amazing cuddly elephant whose belly is full of lavender scented beans, after i stopped squealing and jumping up and down i text said beast and thanked him for thinking about me. I've named the elephant Von Claude.
    So now you know all about the roller coaster of emotions i have enjoyed today i had best fill you in about the progress of my ingenious plot to become better than i am at the moment, to take my life off hold and take a few risks but most importantly to take a little more pride in myself and move from 'overlookable' to 'cantlivewithoutable', again apologies for my general doucheyness but its just the way i am ; - ). In keeping with the spirit of all this i decided to get a little made up for work before i left the house this morning, nothing major just a little foundation, some blusher, a touch of eye shadow etc. It was great to be honest, i felt polished and like a slightly prettier version of myself. I thought to myself  'damn, this is easy i can do this every day, what have i been doing all these years coming to work without a little bit of makeup here and there'. I swear people were actually looking at me a bit differently and it really felt good,  that is until i realised that i infact looked a lot more like a panda and a lot less like a supermodel. I work in a kitchen and it gets very hot, i work hard and i guess my make up just cant keep pace. Lesson learnt, keep my ego in check and always carry a compact mirror.
   In the mean time does any one have any tips on staying picture perfect even under pressure?
    
Zoe T xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment